USCIS I130 Petition for Alien Spouse
- We take a hard experienced look at your Petition, and help you improve it, before USCIS sees it.
- We provide a second set of experienced eyeballs critically checking your work to help you avoid unnecessary delays and even possible rejection.
- We provide editorial guidance helping you to improve your statements to make them
more compelling, and consistent with what USCIS wants.
Petition Review is inexpensive insurance, to confirm you did it correctly. and costs only $239. Send us your prepared petition (or copy) Spousal Visa Petition Review Service
I just did a review of a I-129F petition for Alien Fiancee. The sponsor in trying to describe the relationship between himself and his fiancee, went into great detail about each and every gift, and each payment he sent her to support rent, tuition, internet access, and so on. He felt he was demonstrating what a good provider he was, and how serious he was to support his future wife. The problem is, when she IS your wife and you are doing all that, well, it is expected. But while she is your girl friend / fiancée, then the visa officer has a tendency to wonder, ” is this is a genuine committed relationship, or sugar-daddy meets gold digger.?”
When dealing with immigration, you can NOT afford to send the wrong signals. I counseled him to rewrite his essay, and stick to personal topics of compatibility, relationships, romance, man to woman, partner to partner, plans for the future and so on. To read the full text of the review I conducted go to
A lot of men go it alone, doing their own petitions. They save thousands of dollars avoiding high attorneys fees. But it is easy for them to “shoot themselves in the foot” by writing or saying the wrong thing in front of immigration officials.
The instructions that accompany most of the forms for your petition seem relatively simple. What they do not tell you, is what the visa officer is really looking for, and what his agenda is when he reviews your forms. That is where the trouble occurs.Everyone understands simple errors and omissions. Very few understand what will satisfy the visa officer when he determines in his mind whether your relationship is “genuine” or not.Having a second set of expert eyeballs, check out your work, and head off potential landmines is PRICELESS insurance. When you are doing the petition yourself, obtaining an expert review is the cheapest and best way to avoid problems and delays, to avoid rejection and heartache.
Petition Review is inexpensive insurance, to confirm you did it correctly. and costs only $239. Send us your prepared petition (or copy)
Below is my video comparing Spousal versus Fiance Visa and how to prepare your petition to avoid problems
The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancee of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. The following is required:
* A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.
* Birth certificate
* Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner
* Police certificate from all places lived since age 16
* Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
* Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support may be requested.)
* Two Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (A Form DS-156, prepared in duplicate.)
* One Nonimmigrant fiancee Visa Application, Form DS-156K
* Two nonimmigrant visa photos (each two inches 50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)
* Evidence of a fiancee relationship
* Payment of fees, as explained below.
Expert Tip # 12
Don't violate the terms of the Fiancee Visa. Sometimes after the Fiancee Visa is granted, couples think to marry twice, once immediately among her family and friends in her country, and then a second time later with his family and friends in the U.S. They plan to "game" the visa process by only reporting the second marriage on the Adjustment of Status. This is a bad idea. When entering the U.S. the Immigration officer will ask her "Are you single?". If the Fiancee admits she is in fact already married to the Sponsor, she will be refused entry to the U.S. and sent back. The application process would need to be started completely over this time with the Husband now petitioning for a Spousal Visa. Enjoy an informal engagement party with her family and friends, but never enter what would be considered a legal marriage before she enters the U.S. Only as a single woman may she travel to the U.S. in compliance with the terms of her Fiancee Visa.
More Expert Fiancee Visa Tips %%